Cold-water immersion, also known as an ice bath, is a recovery regimen usually done following a high-intensity workout where you dunk yourself in a tub of cold water for 10 to 15 minutes. From pro athletes like Lebron James to mega superstars like Lady Gaga, it seems like everyone is plunging into the ice bath trend. Cryotherapy centers are even popping up in cities across the country! But is this type of cold therapy a good idea for average weekend warriors and runners?
Bold enough for the cold? Benefits of Cooling Off With An Ice Bath!
- Eases achy muscles. There’s some evidence that cold water immersion reduces muscle soreness after exercise.
- May improve workout recovery.
- Reduces stress.
- Supports a healthy immune system.
- Gives your mood a boost.
- Helps your central nervous system.
- Limits the inflammatory response.
- Helps Boots Your Immuinty
- Decreases the effect of heat and humidity.
- Trains your vagus nerve.